Friday, August 10, 2018

day twenty-three: granville to darby, north dakota (kenner's campground)(160km)

Almost missed the diner in Granville; it looked like a VFW post, not a diner. Ate a big breakfast then went to pay only to be told that I was all paid up! Almost forgot to go to town hall and pay for the campsite (5 bucks).

Passed the geographical center of North America in Rugby. Josh messaged me from Ann Arbor to ask where the hell I was. I explained that I was running behind schedule.

Had bowel problems in the evening, second time on this trip. Wonder if it wasn't the water from the campground, which sat oddly on my stomach.

Stopped at the convenience store in Leeds for a drink and contemplated staying in the canpground by the road. The cashier gave me directions to the (free) town campsite. Still, it was early, so I rode on. Sometimes I had a wide shoulder, sometimes I had to ride on the white line.

Called ahead to the intended campground to make sure they had space. The guy said something about using the self-registration station. The campground was 2km down gravel roads. I couldn't believe there'd be anything there till I arrived. The "registration station" turned out to be a lock box where one could also pay for firewood -- nothing more. Grateful for the hot shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment