Monday, August 20, 2018

day thirty-three: lake gogebic to glidden lake (127km)

Took an old (unpaved!) stagecoach road, leaving the campground, to avoid twice the distance, or more, by paved road, cycling west to go east. It wasn't bad except one place where they'd put in new drainage pipes under the road and covered over with medium-large gravel.

Stopped in Watersmeet for lunch. The restaurant was busy but yhe setvice unbelievably bad. One gentleman went up to the counter, "I've been sitting at that table an hour waiting for someone to serve me!" He did then quickly get served.

Leaving the restaurant suddenly felt quite unwell and realized I was running a fever. Stopped on a national forest road to lie down a bit (and not look like an accident!) till I was ready to go on. Think this is why I've been dragging the last few days. Clearly my body is fighting something.

Lovely state forest campground for the night. Just two complaints: no hand sanitizer in the pit toilets, and so far as I could tell very little maintenance done on the whole site.

No comments:

Post a Comment