Wednesday, August 15, 2018

day twenty-eight: bemidgi to warba (138km)

Dramatic change of weather: I was actually slightly cold the first part of my cycle ride. Highs were only in the low 20s.

Chippewa National Forest was nice (though, resorts at every turn!) but even briefer than the map suggested. Campground at the dam on the Mississippi west of Grand Forks was full so ended up having to ride throigh to my originally intended destination, in the dark. With good lighting and a wide shoulder (which I had) it's safe enough but tiring, because the oncoming cars never switch to low beams. Sometimes they see you and switch to high beams. That happened once just as the car was passing. At least the campground was easy enough to find, and the campground host had said, when I called, to take any site.

No comments:

Post a Comment