Wednesday, August 29, 2018

day forty-one: brighton recreation area to saline (48km)

Tried following the Google Maps again, to leave the park, but that led me quickly to a footpath ("no bikes"), and so I navigated instead by a combination of Google Maps, road map, and common sense, eventually arriving in Whitmore Lake and joining old route 23. Had second breakfast at a Coney Island Restaurant: the second I'd seen within a couple of days and, apparently, of no relation to the first. The waitress snorted and shook her head at one point. I asked her why. "That man who just left, his card didn't work, so he said he'd come back and give me ten dollars tomorrow."

There was a lovely cycle path heading in to Ann Arbor, across the old 23 bridge over the river and then along a lake to a dam -- but that didn't last. I returned to old 23 -- Main Street -- and went past lots of freshman-looking students (they can move in to the dorms this weekend). There was one young man with what looked to be his dad. The young man was wearing a "Wolverine dad" T-shirt. Went right past the football stadium, which is downtown, directly on Main Street.

Arrived at Josh's around 1:30pm to do two days' proofreading for a client back in Sweden. Thankfully Josh is happy to have me hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment