Thursday, July 12, 2018

preparations redux


I changed my mind about the Thermarest and bought the compact one they had at the Nature Company.  It's 4cm shorter than Alan's, folded, and -- hopefully, unlike Alan's -- it will self-inflate.  Plus it's a sexy green.

I took off the pedals, seat post and handlebars, wrapped the frame in bubble wrap, and -- with Kevin's assistance (hej Kev!) -- got the bike into the bike bag.  The old pedals stay behind; the new ones went in the small pocket of one of the panniers. The suitcase (with all the panniers and stuff to go on the bike) feels a bit worryingly heavy but, hopefully, not over 23kg.  (I still have to pay for it, unfortunately.... €100 I think.)  The heaviest item is the tent, which is a tad over 4kg, followed by the sleeping bag at maybe 2,5kg.

My neighbour Osama is going to water my house plants while I'm away.  Kenneth (the landlord) will feed Shadow Lord (my cat).  Kevin (hej Kev!) and Anders will water the office plants.

Hoping to get off relatively early tomorrow so I can look around the office for anything I've missed.  Seems like I usually manage to forget something.

No comments:

Post a Comment