Saturday, July 21, 2018

day four: hedley to osoyoos (91km)

Another slow slow day for a number of factors. I sat at least two hours in a cafe in Hedley waiting for my phone to charge. Made good progress down the valley till I stopped three times for late lunch :-) then the terrain got rollercoaster rolling. That really slowed me down. The actual mountain wasn't too bad in comparison, but starting up it I suddenly lost bowel control and just had time to reach the bushes. The fresh cherries I ate for first lunch went more or less straight through undigested. No idea if it was something I ate or a failure to wash my hands properly at some point or clean my pot properly or what.

Coming down off the mountain, a bee and I collided at high speed. It got caught hanging on to me with its stinger in my arm, which hurt like hell. Still hurts a bit this morning. Felt in no state to ride on from Osoyoos up the next big mountain, so I went looking for the nearest campground. Didn't see the provincial patk on my map so ended up taking the last spot at Cabana Beach commercial campground. For what I paid I almost could have gotten a motel room on the other, unfashionable side of the river. Attendant Bernard very friendly, very chatty though; rnded up hanging out talking to him at the camp store till it closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment