Saturday, July 14, 2018

jericho beach

The immigration official looked unconvinced that I would reach Montana in six days. I said I should be doing 160km per day, so it does work out.... He also wanted details on exactly what sort of bike I had (the frame is a Surly Long Haul Trucker). But he let me through in the end.

I was skeptical of taking the bagged bike on the train and even less convinced that I'd get it on the subsequent bus, so I took a taxi to the hostel -- the first hostel I ever stayed in, back when I was doing my newspaper internship in Bellingham.

I'm too tired to assemble the bike tonight. That will wait for the morning.

I have been so severely depressed the last few months. I needed this trip so badly. My soul needed this trip so badly. So... first 25km is tomorrow, to meet up with Alan!


No comments:

Post a Comment